The month of April has been designated Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) in the United States. The goal of SAAM is to raise public awareness about sexual violence and to educate communities and individuals on how to prevent sexual violence. The 2013 Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) campaign focuses on healthy sexuality and child sexual abuse prevention. This April, join the conversation. Start talking about healthy childhood development to prevent child sexual abuse.
10 Ways to Participate
1. Highlight the SAAM Day of Action
on Tuesday, April 2!
2. Share resources
that prevent child sexual abuse. Learn more about how all adults can play a role in healthy childhood sexual development:
3. Spread the word! Campaign logos, posters and images for Facebook and Twitter are available for download
4. Meet us on the Street! Take a stand to end harassment for International Anti-street Harassment Week
, April 7-13, 2013
5. Find or share an event
in your community. Connect with a local organization and promote what’s happening locally.
us for Twitter chats on Tuesdays in April! #TweetAboutIt
7. Use your voice to “Talk early, talk often.” Find inspiration from the SAAM blog
“Talk early, talk often” series.
8. Represent by wearing denim on “Denim Day”
Wednesday, April 24.
9. Celebrate visionaries! Visionary Voices Award winners
across the country as making a difference.
10. Educate and promote media literacy! Discounts on Media Education Foundation
films for SAAM
Visit www.nsvrc.org/saam to learn more. Many resources are available in Spanish (recursos en Español). Share with us! Let us know how you are participating in SAAM. Share events, videos, pictures and announcements with NSVRC on Facebook and Twitter.
Here’s to an eventful, awareness building April & sustained conversation on sexual violence prevention!