Adapted: It is increasingly acknowledged that efforts to promote victim and community safety and prevent sexual victimization can be enhanced when sexual assault victim advocates and sex offender management professionals work together toward a shared vision. Recognizing this potential, the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) is supporting four national organizations – the Center for Sex Offender Management (CSOM), the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), the Resource Sharing Project (RSP), and the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA) – to partner on a novel initiative to support collaboration between sexual assault victim advocates and sex offender management professionals. This support will take the form of on-site training, technical assistance, written resources, and webinars.
Please join us for the first in a series of webinars to be delivered under this national initiative. In this webinar, the presenters will provide an overview of the project and highlight the findings of needs assessments completed by national samples of representatives from the victim advocacy and sex offender treatment communities. Webinar participants will have an opportunity to:
· Learn about perspectives on collaboration between these stakeholder groups;
· Develop an understanding about current trends and practices;
· Hear factors that support or create barriers to collaboration;
· Share promising strategies they have learned and used in the field; and
· Learn about project resources and next steps.
Registration is required to participate in this webinar. After your registration has been processed, you will receive instructions for joining the webinar. Click here to register.
- Karen Baker, Director, National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC)
- Kurt Bumby, Director, Center for Sex Offender Management (CSOM)
- Maia Christopher, Executive Director, Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA)
For inquiries regarding this webinar, please contact
Stevyn Fogg at firstname.lastname@example.org.