BGCA is excited about our first national symposium to explore those issues that will help drive greater collaboration across all organizations and agencies for the protection of youth.
2015 Safer Childhoods Symposium:
Your Contributions Will Be Critical
Registration is open for the Safer Childhoods Symposium for youth-serving organizations. The registration fee is $150. (A limited number of scholarships are available.)
Join safety experts from leading youth-serving organizations to gain practical takeaways that can be put to immediate use to improve the emotional and physical safety of out-of-school time programs.
November 4-5, 2015 at Cox Communications Inc., Headquarters in Atlanta, Ga.
- Keith Kaufman, Ph. D., Author and Researcher, Portland State University (Oregon)
- Antigone Davis, Head of Global Safety, Facebook
- Dr. Kenneth Ginsburg, M.D., Adolescent Medicine Specialist, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Georgia Hall, Ph. D., Senior Research Scientist, National Institute on Out-of-School Time
- Review models to prevent and manage out-of-school time risks and improve safety
- Explore practical aspects of disseminating and implementing effective safety approaches in youth service environments
- Take away practical tools and emerging strategies applicable across several risk areas
For additional information, contact Mitru Ciarlante of the Safer Childhoods Network at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-657-1542.